1 cup Greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
1.5 cups gluten-free oat flour (blended oats)
3 tsp baking powder
optional, but recommended for taste:
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- dashes of Italian seasonings (oregano, garlic powder, etc.)
- preheat oven to 450 and line a baking tray (cookie sheet or pizza stone) with parchment paper + avocado oil spray.
- mix all ingredients in a large bowl. continue kneading the mixture until you have a cohesive/sticky ball of dough. note: feel free to spray your hands with the avo oil to help avoid the batter stickin' to the skin.
- drop the dough ball on the parchment-paper-lined tray and form into a circle (or a square or a trapezoid or a rhomus). bake for 2 minutes without toppings on, then immediately remove from oven.
- dress the semi-cooked dough with all the goodies (I used shredded Manchengo cheese, mushrooms, zucchini, LightLife meatballs, bell pepper, onion, garlic salt). bake for 13-14 minutes, until the outer crust starts turning the perfect golden brown.
- remove from oven and DO NOT LET IT COOL - DEVOUR IT IMMEDIATELY!
What're the health benefits of this pizza crust...and it's accompanying toppings?! Let's take a look...