1/2 apple (sliced)
4 dates (pitted)
1 tsp vanilla
1 flax egg (1 tbs flax meal + 3 tbs water)
1/4 cup apple sauce
1 lemon (2 tbs lemon juice + lemon zest)
3/4 cup blanched almond flour
1 1/2 tbs coconut flour
3/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup Fage 0% fag greek yogurt
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3 tbs unsweetened almond milk
1 tbs coconut shreds (NOTE: fold in after blended)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- drop 8 dates (4 for scookie, 4 for icing) in boiling water, and make flax egg by combining 1 tbs flax meal + 3 tbs water. let both of those sit for 5 mins.
- once both of those are prepped, drop all "wet" ingredients (apple, dates, vanilla, flax eggs, lemon juice) into a food processor.
- blend all "dry" ingredients in a medium bowl (almond + coconut flours, protein powder, salt, baking powder).
- once dry is blended, drop in the "wet" ingredients from food processor. mix well, then fold in blueberries.
- spray cookie sheet with avocado oil. drop 2-3 inch balls of batter on cookie sheet to form 8-10 scookies.
- bake for 14 minutes.
- to the make the frosting, blend all ingredients (except coconut shreds) in a food processor. once thoroghly blended, fold in coconut shreds. refrigerate frosting mixture for 10 minutes, then spread a-top the scookies!