1 cup chickpeas
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup sugar free apple sauce
1.5 tbs vanilla extract
1 - 2 tbs lemon juice
1 egg white (optional; if vegan, can substitute w a bit more apple sauce)
splash hot water (if needed; once you combine wet and dry ingredients)
- preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or silicone pad).
- blend the chickpeas, almond milk & apple sauce in a food processor until a paste-like substance forms. pour this into a medium size bowl.
- mix in the remaining wet ingredients (vanilla, lemon juice, hot water, optional egg white) into to the medium bowl.
- in a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (protein powder, sweetener / Purecane, oat flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg). once whisked together, pour wet mixture into the bowl with the dry! blend well.
- using an ice cream scoop OR regular table spoon, take 2-3 inch clumps of dough, roll them into a ball shape, and drop them on the baking tray.
- once you've rolled ~14-16 balls, take a spatula (or utensil with a flat surface, and pat down the cookies until they're roughly 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.
- I then drizzled coconut butter + a dash of nutmeg on top of mine for a bit more umph + texture :)