vegan chocolate hazelnut blondies...made with chickpeas?! what?! chickpeas have an impressive nutrition profile 👔:
1️⃣ incredible source of plantbased protein,
2️⃣ help reduce calorie intake at meals (i.e.: filling and help curb appetite)
3️⃣ AND fairly low glycemic index (GI) - which helps maintain steady blood sugar. 💪🏽🍫
so, in summary, these blondies are not only tasty AF, but they're loaded with protein and super filling. give 'em a go!
- Preheat oven to 350, line a muffin tin with 12 liners (silicone or paper)
- First - drain the can of chickpeas, and drop them + the applesauce into a food process / blender. Pulse them until semi-liquid consistency is reached! Pour into a medium bowl.
- Next, drop the protein powder, coconut flour, and sweetener into the same bowl. Mix well. Fold in chocolate chips (if desired!).
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan. I then took clumps of chocolate chips and placed them randomly on top of the batter, giving it a fun polka-dot look! However, feel free to simply sprinkle them on top - or even drop on some of your other favorite mix-ins (i.e.: coconut shreds, nuts, seeds, etc.).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Once removed from oven, drizzle with melted chocolate and/or nut butter for added moisture and taste. ENJOY!