1 flax egg
3/4 cup almond butter
1/2 tbs honey
2 tbs almond milk
- preheat oven to 350, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- prepare the dates + the flax egg: in a small bowl, place the eight dates in boiling water; let sit for 5-8 minutes. for the flax egg, combine 1 tbs flax meal with 3 tbs water; let sit in fridge for 5-8 minutes.
- in a food processor, blend the soaked (+pitted dates) until they reach a thick / jam-like texture.
- in a medium bowl, mix the blended dates with the almond butter, flax egg, and honey.
- in a separate bowl, mix all "the dry" ingredients. combine the wet mixture into the dry mixture. add 1 tbs of almond milk in to help blend everything. fold in chocolate chips.
- using a spoon, make 1.5 inch balls of batter spread evenly across the baking sheets. press down on each ball to flatten, forming cookie shape!
- bake for 8 minutes. don't let them cool ;)