- 1 medium sweet potato (or you can use store-bough sweet potato puree)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour (+ more for dusting)
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup sweet potato puree
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbs golden raisins
- 2 tbs cinnamon
frosting (using my easy protein frosting - which has 45g of protein in the mix!)
- 3/4 cup 0% fat Fage yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbs almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp honey
if you need to cook the sweet potato...
- preheat oven to 400.
- pierce sweet potato with fork a few times, wrap in a paper towel, and microwave for three (3) minutes.
- after microwaving, remove sweet potato from paper towel and place on baking sheet. bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- let the cooked sweet potato cool. once cooled, remove the skin and use a blender or a food processor to whip up the potato into a puree consistency.
once you have sweet potato puree ready (either from directions above or store bought)...
- preheat oven to 350 and spray 8" x 8" (or circular 8") with avocado oil.
for the dough:
- in a medium bowl, mix 3/4 cup of your sweet potato puree with all of the remaining "dough" ingredients.
- place a large piece of parchment paper on the counter and dust it with arrowroot flour. dust your hands with arrowroot flour as well.
- using your arrowroot-dusted hands, grab the dough from the bowl and roll it out into a rectangle shape - about 1/2 inch thick.
for the filling:
- in a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup of your sweet potato puree with the remaining "filling" ingredients.
- once mixed well, use a spoon or spatula to spread an even layer of filling across the rectangle shaped dough.
- dust your hands once again with arrowroot flour, and roll beautiful layered concoction into a ball forming a 'log' shape.
- once you've formed the log shape, use a sharp knife to slice the log into six to seven 1.5" - 2.5" pieces (depending on how large you want each roll to be!).
- place the pieces right up next to each other in your square (or circular) pan.
- bake for 32-34 minutes (until edges are golden brown). let cool before frosting!
for the frosting:
- mix all ingredients in medium size bowl.
- set frosting mixture in fridge for 10-12 minutes. frost your delicious treat - and feel free to add sprinkles, nuts, coconut shreds, etc.!