1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup (4 large) egg whites
- can sub with monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar
1 tbs melted oil (coconut, avocado, olive; I used 0 calorie spray avocado oil)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt optional
1/2 cup raw cashews
3 medjool dates
1/4 chocolate bar (Lily’s Dark Coconut)
1/2 tsp - 1 tsp oil (coconut, avocado, olive)
- mix all together in medium bowl.
- bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes (until edges are golden brown).
- soak cashews & dates in boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
- blend in food processor.
- take ~ 1 tbs of date / cashew mixture and press it on top of the baked shortbread base.
- melt the 1/2 chocolate bar & oil in microwave-safe cup for 10 seconds, stir, microwave again for 10 seconds.
- immediately drizzle as much as you please a-top of the cashew / date mixture.
- yields 5-6 units
- majority of the sugars & carbs are from the dates & the cashews, which are both all natural sweeteners with a plethora of nutrition value! Including iron, potassium, B vitamins (dates) and healthy blood and immune system function (cashews).