2 tbs tahini
1 cup soaked cashews
1.5 tsp peppermint extract
1 tbs spirulina powder (can use any green powder; haven't tried it with matcha, but could work)
handful of crushed walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (I recommend lily's!)
1 tsp coconut oil
- soak the cashew (either overnight, or in boiling water for 20 minutes)
- combine the tahini, cashews, spirulina and peppermint extract in a food processor. pulse until nuts are 100% chopped.
- drop the cashew / tahini / extract mixture into mini silicone muffin holders. top with crushed walnuts (or any nut!) if desired. place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- place the dark chocolate chips and liquid coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. heat for ~1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally until the result is a running consistency.
- remove mini silicone cups from the freezer, and smother them with the chocolate mixture!
- pop back in the freezer for ~20 minutes, then enjoy :)