soft boiled? hard boiled? I got you covered!
hard boiled eggs are the ultimate source of HEALTHY FAT and EASY PROTEIN. whether it's on top of some avocado toast, in a bowl of pho, or on top of a loaded salad, this is your guide to making the perfect soft boiled or hard boiled egg - depending on the consistency you're after!
I use a steam-method for soft-boiling eggs, as it's a much more precise and quicker method!
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil (or enough to ensure there's about 1-inch of water in the pan) in your sauce pot.
- Once boiling, place your egg in the sauce pot and cover with lid. let the egg sit in the sauce pot for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, place in a bowl with ice + water! this is to ensure the extremely hot shell does not continue cooking the egg longer so it remains at the perfect soft-boiled shade and texture :)
I use the 'traditional' boil method for hard boiling eggs!
- Bring 3-4 cups (or enough water to ensure your egg is submerged) of water to a boil in your sauce pot.
- Once boiling, drop in your egg. Let the egg sit in the boiling water for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, place in a bowl with ice + water! this is to ensure the extremely hot shell does not continue cooking the egg longer and it remains perfect hard-boiled shade :)