cookie dough (x 6-8 balls)
1/4 cup almond flour
1 heaping tbs matcha powder
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 tbs sunbutter
1 tsp maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 whole eggs
1 egg white
1/4 cup cup Fage 0% fat greek yogurt
2 tbs apple sauce
cookie dough + cupcake
- preheat oven to 325°, and spray a cupcake tray with avocado oil.
- first, prepare the cookie dough by combining all 'cookie dough' ingredients in a medium bowl. roll into 7-8 balls, drop 'em on a plate, and place in freezer.
- next, prepare the cupcake mix by combining all 'cupcake' ingredients in a medium bowl. fill ~7 cupcake holders 3/4 of the way full (6 for larger cupcakes, 8 for smaller ones). bake 10 minutes.
- remove from oven, and preheat to 350° (should take about 1-2 minutes to heat up, since we're already at 325°). drop a frozen cookie dough ball into each muffin. press down so the ball is mostly covered, but not too firmly that the dough hits the bottom of the tin!
- bake cupcake with dough ball in the middle at 350 for 12-15 minutes (or until the top is just a wee bit golden brown color).
a few different options here!
homemade: add some Vanilla Protein Frosting (easy recipe here) to these guys for added sweetness!
homemade: add the my favorite Cheesecake frosting on top! [1/4 cup All American Nutrition Cheesecake “Icing" + 1/4 cup 0% fat Greek Yogurt + 2 tbs almond milk (+ more for desired-consistency)]
store-bought: add SimpleMills Vanilla frosting on top!