THE COOKIE DOUGH
1 scoop protein powder (I use Gainful!)
2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter (or 1 tablespoon nut butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2-4 tablespoons almond milk
optional: Sweetener, to taste
optional: add-ins of your choice (I did a handful of mini dark chocolate chips!)
THE WHOOPIE PIES
- preheat oven to 340 degrees. spray silicon muffin tray with avocado oil spray.
- mix all whoopie pie above ingredients in small / medium bowl. fill 12 of the muffin liners with very very thin layer of batter.
- bake for 8-10 minutes. remove & set aside to cool.
- you will be using 2 "pies" per unit, for a total of 6 units!
- mix all mallow ingredients above in a small bowl until you reach a thick, frosting-esque consistency.
- using a knife, spread a layer of mallow on one side of each of the 'pies' (i.e.: spread on 6 of the 12 pies).
- mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until thick, doughy consistency.
- using a knife, spread a layer of cookie dough on the other side of each 'pie' (i.e.: spread on the remaining 6 of the 12 pies).
- sandwich the two halves, and DEVOUR!!!