P.O.D. - a three-part series on 'how to make a to do list":
- P: PRIME section - the stuff you have to get done
- O: OUGHTA section - the stuff you should get done
- D: DREAMING section - the stuff that excites or inspires you
P - PRIME
Whether they are for your own advantage and peace-of-mind, for your work team, for your family, or all three - these are to-do-list items that need to be done pronto!
PART 1: 3-5 "SMALL" THINGS: jot down 3-5 things that you are going to conquer throughout the day. These can be things related to work tasks, or personal tasks. For example, could be:
- fill in team project-summary spreadsheet with 2021 figures, and send out weekly-update.
- meal prep.
- email university advisor with list of questions for upcoming semester classes of interest.
PART 2: 1-3 "BIG" THINGS: get those seemingly daunting, more time consuming tasks down on paper! I pinky promise it will help you lasso your head around them. For example, could be:
- build out budget breakdown for July 2021 Apartment Complex Development for presentation on Friday.
- run through practice sales deck presentation.
O - OUGHTA
3-5 THINGS: jot down 3-5 things that you ought to get done within the next 3-4 days, but the world will not come to an end if these tasks do not end up getting done today. Again, these can be things related to work tasks, or personal tasks. For example, could be:
- clean out closet + giveaway unworn garments.
- write x2 - 3 blog posts.
D - DREAMING
These are your longer term, more 'leisure' - focused goals list. These 5-7 items are most likely going to lean toward the 'personal' realm (i.e.: your intellectual furtherment, your wellbeing, your family, your friends, etc.), but can of course be work related as well (especially if you're self-employed)! For example, could be
- start online Spanish course
- experiment with new Paella recipe
- plan trip to Zion National Park
for the full article written by my friends over at
TheSkimm, visit the link below: