2 flax eggs (2 tbs flax meal + 6 tablespoons water)
1 cup shredded or grated carrots
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tbs coconut sugar (can sub PureCane sweetener: link here, 15% off code: KTLEO15)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (50% Gainful custom protein powder: here)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
- (for paleo version, sub 1/4 cup rolled oats for 3 tbs more almond flour)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
- preheat oven to 350, and spray muffin tray with avocado oil.
- make flax egg by combining 2 tbs flax meal with 6 tbs water. let it sit while you grate carrots in a medium bowl. (𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦: 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘱)
- mix all of the wet ingredients (flax eggs, apple sauce almond butter, coconut sugar, vanilla extra) in with the carrots. stir well (and sample of course).
- in a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (protein powder, almond flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda) in a small bowl. pour dry mixture into bowl with wet mixture. STIR STIR STIR. fold in chocolate chips.
- pour delish batter into ~10 muffins tins (about 1/2 - 3/4 way full). sprinkle remaining carrot shreds, chocolate chips, and pumpkin seeds (optional!) on top.
- FOR BAKING:
- IF USING PLANT-BASED PROTEIN POWDER (more dense than whey): bake 14 minutes
- IF USING NON-VEGAN / WHEY PROTEIN POWDER: bake 16-18 minutes