- Preheat oven to 350, and line a muffin tray with muffin liners (or spray with avocado oil)
- Shred the carrots and the zucchini. Squeeze majority of water from zucchini using a kitchen towel, or paper towel. Drop grated veggies into medium bowl.
- Next, make the oat flour by combining 1/4 cup + 1 tbs of rolled oats in a blender. Pour “oat flour” into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add in the remaining wet ingredients to the medium bowl with shredded veggies (yogurt, apple sauce, lemon juice, vanilla extract, apple, egg). Stir well!
- In the small bowl containing oat flour, combine the remaining dry ingredients (1/4 rolled [unblended] oats, Purecane, protein powder, 2 tbs coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt). Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour this dry mixture into the medium bowl with wet ingredients. Fold together until well-combined. At this point, feel free to toss in any of the “optional” ingredients that you’ve selected to mix in!
- Bake muffins for 21-23 minutes
- note: depends on oven & whether or not you opted to use paper lines vs. silicone tray vs. sprayed metal tray…but muffins should only be slightly golden brown on the top - as you want to ensure they maintain the moist base! Yum!
- For the icing, we used my “easy protein frosting” by combining Greek yogurt, protein powder, almond milk, and (optional) honey! We then sprinkled some toasted coconut on top for aesthetics (AND TASTE OF COURSE DUH)